The DC State Athletic Association has postponed all interscholastic athletics until January 2021 due to the ongoing public health crisis.
Subject to final approval from the Mayor and the DC Department of Health, the DCSAA will implement a Condensed Interscholastic Plan for the 2020-2021 school year. While sports will not be played in the fall, this model allows for all sports to have seasons during the 2020-21 school year. The tentative plan is below:
- Winter season: basketball, indoor track, and field, cheerleading, wrestling.
- First practice date: December 14
- Game dates: January 4 to February 28
- Fall season: cross-country, football, soccer, flag football and volleyball.
- First practice date: February 1
- Game dates: February 22 to April 16
- Spring season: baseball, softball, tennis, lacrosse, track and field, ultimate disc, chess.
- First practice date: March 29
- Game dates: April 19 to June 13